Popular Posts

Pages

Saturday 12 May 2012

Irresistible Force Miniature Games & Hobbies

I have been researching different Napoleonic wargame rule sets for my next project. I have been looking at Napoleon at War, their models, blogs and chat pages. It seems interesting. That led me to look at Hovel buildings (I need to have some scenery to kick it up a notch!). Looking at distributors for Australia I came up with Essex miniatures (wasn't impressed with their website) and Irresistible Force Miniature Games & Hobbies (very impressed, huge range!). Then I noticed they were in Brisbane, only about 120km from home on the Sunshine Coast. Three of the kids were keen so we jumped in the car to go check it out. Boy was I happy I went there!


There was some drama on the highway (came to a dead stop 10km from the joint). But we took a back road and bam, we were there! 


Gavin Clarke runs the shop (@IrresistibleF) and he was fantastic. He answered all my questions, had everything I wanted, and assured me that although they can't carry everything in the store as there are simply too many lines these days, they have a quick turnaround even when they have to order in from overseas. I will be putting him to the test very soon! Some pics of the shop:




Showing me were the gaming area is
I was very impressed that Gavin took the time to answer my questions, helped find what I was interested in, gave useful advice and was generally very approachable. He even took the time to answer my questions about what games and systems were most popular. He was also very knowledgeable about Napoleon at War and had obviously spent the time to learn about the line and had played a couple of games using the rules. All in all I was very happy I made the effort to go down. Always nice to put a face to an email and website!




So here is what I got:



  • The Napoleon at War rules.
  • A French 100 days line brigade.
  • Army Painter dip.
  • Vallejo wash pot.
  • Mininatur grass tufts
  • Gale Force Nine basing kit
  • Hovel large bridge (15mm)
  • Citadel gaming grass (I actually got this from Games Workshop down the road but just wanted to chuck it in cause I love it!)
I was keen to have a look at the Napoleon at War models and read the rules. So I will keep you posted :)

I have been looking at the AP dip because I was interested in how well it would work for me. But I forgot to get a can of matt topcoat! First thing on my order. I saw Glenn Lamprecht painting some Victrix for Vallejo using their pot of wash and wanted to try it out as well. So I will post some pick of my next painting project.

2 comments:

Ben Gilmour said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nathan Woolford said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

È